Credentials for Salesforce

Describe the problem/error/question

I am trying to connect SFDC, when I created the App in Salesforce, what are the specific checks should I mark to make the connection to work?

When I Try to connect in the Conn Dialog, I am getting this error:

What should I do in order to let it works?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Version 1.33.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Linux

Hi @edgars, thanks for reaching out and joining the n8n community! :tada:

In our Salesforce credential documentation we outline the settings that should be disabled / enabled based on the authentication method that you’re using.

Using Oauth2 we outline the following:

Use these settings for your app:

• Add the Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access) scope in the Selected OAuth Scopes section, along with any other scopes you plan to use.
  • Make sure the following settings are unchecked:
    • Require Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE) Extension for Supported Authorization Flows
    • Require Secret for Web Server Flow
    • Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow
  • In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, select Click to reveal to reveal the consumer secret.
  • Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret and add these to the appropriate fields in n8n.

Happy building!

I followed this documentation, and simply this does not works:

Just for the record, I am sharing the print screen from my Config, I just recommend you guys to do the same with some config that actually works, just in case I added the whole scopes:

After a while, I got this message:

Hi @edgars Looks like you still have the PKCE checked, Require Secret for Web Server Flow & Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow which is likely the reason you are getting the error message you are.

@Ludwig Has listed out the details that need to be unchecked for the authentication to work, keeping any of those checked can result in an error. It’s stumped me a few times in the past.

Hi Guys, it worked,

Here my config:

1 Like