Executions pane in workflow page is not sorted chronologically and flickers when scrolling it

Hi there, here’s a bug report. Please let me know if there’s a more appropriate section in n8n or in this forum to report it. The release notes show that this part may have been worked on recently, from 0.209.

Describe the issue/error/question

• “Last Executions” pane of a workflow, on the pages https://n8nhostedinstance.com/workflow/2/executions/12345 is not ordered chronologically.
  • That part of the screen flickers when scrolling it.
  • The “Auto Refresh” feature doesn’t work as expected: either the list of executions is not refreshed, or it is added at the very end of the list, or sometimes in the middle. It’s unpredictable. Hard refreshing the page gets the list of executions sorted again.

What is the error message (if any)?

No error message, but see this screenshot of the last executions being added at the end of the list.
A video of that screen would show it flickering (as it it was continuously trying to refresh every millisecond)

Please share the workflow

Happens seemingly on all workflows

Why is it a problem

I am using the Execution pane to immediately see if all nodes executed correctly, and check the outputs of each. However, for a workflow that is now new and has 10+ executions already, this behavior makes me struggle to find the execution that ran a few seconds ago, and I have to resort to a hard refresh of the page to continue working on the workflow.

Possible workaround: not sure if it works all the time: set a filter and remove it, which seems to reorder the list chronologically.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.210.2
  • Running n8n via Docker, official image
  • Chrome browser (108.0.5359.125) on Windows

Hey @jb8n,

Are you running on the SQLite database or using something else?

Yes. I pulled 0.210.2 and only modified env variables in the docker-compose YML.

Hey @jb8n,

I have just managed to reproduce it, It looks like it might only be an issue with SQLite.

I have created an internal ticket to look into this further which we will be tracking as N8N-5961

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.