Expression Issue

trying to pull the email address that comes in with the webhook. the webhook works fine and i get the email in the query as “email”. i am trying to use this expression to insert it into an email.

{{node[“GetDailyLabels”].json[“query”][“email”]}}

it doesnt like this. The GetDailyLabels is the name of the node.

thanks!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Version 1.29.1
SQLite

• n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): not sure what that means
    Docker
    Linux

hello @boilermanc

You have forgotten the $ in the beginning.
But actually, this one is the right way of using it.

{{ $('GetDailyLabels').item.json.query.email }}

thanks! i replaced that in the box but it still shows red. it should be green correct? i then tried to run it and get this error now too: The URL path that the “GetDailyLabels” node uses is already taken. Please change it to something else.

Can you share the workflow?

hit ctrl+a in the workflow window >> ctrl+c, then hit the </> button and paste the content here.

Here you go…

try this one.
You can’t refer to .item property as you have Convert to CSV node, that converts all items into one.

3 Likes

Awesome! That got it! I’ll have to take a deeper look and see what was going but thanks so much for helping with that!!

Clint

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.