Getting a 404 trying to create a new object in Bubble

Describe the issue/error/question

I’m trying to create a new Thing in Bubble based on a Typeform response. I’m getting a 404.

What is the error message (if any)?

{“message”:“Request failed with status code 404”,“name”:“Error”,“stack”:“Error: Request failed with status code 404\n at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)\n at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)”}

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

[{
“name”: “Lorem ipsum dolor Lorem ipsum dolor”,
“email”: “[email protected]”,
“question”: “Lorem ipsum dolor”,
"live ": true,
“session”: “Barcelona”
}]

Information on your n8n setup:

I’m working on a client site, not sure of all the details here

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

Hey @olivia, welcome to the community! I am very sorry to hear you’re encountering this behaviour.

I don’t have a Bubble plan allowing me to use their API so can’t test this first hand unfortunately. Are you by any chance using a self-hosted bubble instance? If so, could you double check the domain name in your Bubble credentials?

If not, I suspect the value in the Type Name field might be the problem here. In your example workflow you are setting Live Question, however, Bubble’s docs suggest a typename format like this:

typename is the type of thing you want to retrieve. The general rule to figure out the typename for a given type is as follows:
– Remove the spaces of the caption.
– Use lowercase letters.
For example, if a type of thing is defined in the Bubble Editor as ‘Rental Unit,’ make calls to […] rentalunit

So could you try using whether this works using a value of livequestion?

Hi @MutedJam, thanks! I resolved the issue and just want to share:

In Bubble, I enabled the Data API for the specific Thing/object, and I had to change the type of one of the fields to match the data coming from the node - specifically changed a date type to text.

1 Like

Glad to hear this worked out and thank you for sharing the detail about the date value!

1 Like