Google Drive node can't access Google shared drives [GOT CREATED]

The Google Drive node can only access content under “My Drive”. This means I can’t watch a folder under a shared drive for new files, or List the files or anything else

You mean the Google Drive trigger? What happen if you use the ID of a folder that is not in “My Drive”?

I have a Workflow to finish up that needs to use a Google Team Drive as the source, I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens if no one gets there first.

The API has to specify supportsAllDrives and a couple other things, otherwise you’ll get a 404. The docs are here: Implement shared drive support  |  Drive API  |  Google Developers

It looks like there is partial support in the Google Drive node code with some passing in corpora and supports all drives options.

I will take a stab at it today.

So it looks like they set includeItemsFromAllDrives and supportsAllDrives to true on Drive > File > List but they don’t set the driveId or corpora value.

It looks like the Google Drive node could do with a bit of love to get things working, @fahhem are you just using the trigger for now or will you be using the Drive node as well?

I was trying to use the trigger when I stopped. Though I ran into the S3 node not supporting MFA (2-factor) and my org requires that for all accounts now so I went with writing a script instead.

Interesting. You can make a feature request to add support for MFA in the AWS nodes.

Dropping a comment here. In my case I’m not using the triggers from Google Drive, but the regular node instead.

Trying to upload a file to a Shared Drive folder causes some error that doesn’t happen if I just use a My Drive folder. Here’s the link to the issue thread with more info.

1 Like

bump! did reading shared drives on the trigger ever get implemented?!
I can’t seem to get it to recognize the shared drive (but my personal works fine) on the trigger (fine to upload to, however) so i suspect not - but thought i would ask here. thanks! even if i have to make a workflow for each of my staff that needs that automation, from their personal drives to a shared drive - n8n has once again made me a god amongst mice and i thank you all for your hard work :smiley:

Hey @JD_Michell,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I have just taken a look and it doesn’t appear to be there for the trigger, Last time I looked at this it was before I started working here :slight_smile:

I have created NODE-781 as an internal ticket for this one as I don’t think it will take long to add this.

1 Like

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 7369.