The idea is:
I’d like to hide data from certain nodes in a workflow in my “execution_entity” table.
My use case:
My n8n “execution_entity” was ballooning to a gigantic size because I was merging two tables. Most data from that workflow is scrap I don’t need to log.
I think it would be beneficial to add this because:
Additionally, lean execution logs would make n8n more easily GDPR compliant and still allow admins to get logs for successful workflow executions.
Any resources to support this?
No. I only know of integromat, that you have the option to mark data “private”. I don’t know if that is the same.
Are you willing to work on this?
Yes, I think so. But you’ll probably want to make some important decisions first.
- What to display in a Workflow Execution Display instead?
- For an MVP I would forego the possibility to set custom search and replace – but that would be a possibility.
- I’m missing a lot here, I guess.