IMAP-NODE Delete Mails

Hello community,

it would be great if there would be the possibility to delete also emails at the IMAP node.

Greetings Fabian

Make sure you upvote the feature request.

1 Like

Yes, it would be really nice to be able to delete mail processed by the “IMAP Email” node instead of just marking them as read.

Moving mails to another folder would be nice to. The underlying node-imap lib supports I think.

Does anyone know a workaround for as long as this feature doesn’t exist in n8n?

1 Like

I created an n8n community node, n8n-nodes-imap, which is now available for use. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from this node:

Operations

Mailbox Operations:

• Get List of Mailboxes: This function allows you to retrieve a list of all your mailboxes, complete with essential status information like message count.
  • Get Status of a Mailbox: Gain detailed insights into the status of any mailbox, including the total number of messages and other pertinent details.
  • Create a Mailbox: You can now set up new mailboxes directly within your workflow.
  • Rename a Mailbox: Adjust the names of your mailboxes as required.
  • Delete a Mailbox: To prevent accidental data loss, this feature is currently disabled, as I haven’t identified a significant use case in standard workflows.

Email Operations:

• Get List of Emails in a Mailbox
  • Download Attachments from an Email
  • Move an Email to Another Mailbox

I encourage you to test this node and share your experiences or suggestions.

Github repo: GitHub - umanamente/n8n-nodes-imap

1 Like

That’s a great workaround for now, thank you! Hopefully the team will some day revamp the IMAP node to natively include this as well.

1 Like