Odoo node for events within odoo

Hi guys,

I’m currently evaluating using n8n.io within our freelancer network and our back office runs entirely on odoo (https://www.odoo.com/), an open source CRM and ERP. They got their source code on github and have got a pretty detailed developer documentation. Oddo is written in python.

Consequentially, I’d love to see an ODOO node in n8n - am open for any questions you might have! :slight_smile:

@matthias welcome to the community.

Will add this to the backlog. Can you please let us know the use case you are interested in? So that when it gets created we make sure it has all you need.

1 Like

Hi Matthias, sounds good that you also use odoo. We would very happy when we can use n8n with odoo.

Thanks,
Stefan

This would be a great integration! Odoo has a CRM, billing management and other modules which would be wonderful to automate.

Hi all! It really helps us when you can guide us on what the V1 functionality should be as usually there is a long tail of functionality that could be added to the node and we don’t usually have the domain insight that you might as a user of that tool.

Here are some great examples of this from @janbaykara:

Yes, maxT i give you some wishes. What do you need ? Direct the functionality from the API ?

Or like this: Insert a new customer in database, Insert a new chance in the crm …

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi @Stefan!

Direct API functionality / endpoints from the API could definitely work as would the “jobs to be done” - so whichever is easiest for you. Very helpful context for these jobs/ endpoints would be typical options that are important to you - that might not be required for a basic operation but would be helpful most of the time.

For example in a CRM, adding or reading custom properties for a contact is usually important, but not required to make the call. Or if there is a “Get All” endpoint and you would typically require certain filters (like “Get all users who have past due charges”, if this were a payments app).

Thanks!

1 Like

OK, ill hope you can have in the next week.

Odoo is an ERP CRM that does a lot of stuff… The API connections could be endless.

In a personal case, I’d want to connect Mautic to the CRM functionality of ODOO so that all leads generated in Mautic end up as ‘Cards’ in the CRM Leads section.

2 Likes

Would like to see this too :slight_smile:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/odoo-await could be a good starting point!

+1 Odoo will be an amazing addition to n8n

Yesit is !

Please make all sure to additionally also upvote this request.

It is possible to build a wrapper around odoo.await library? Might be the best solution!

Ahh it’s possible. But we would rather consume the Rest API directly instead of using the SDK.

I’d like to build a workflow which does the following:

• Receive a woocommerce trigger
  • send the customer data to odoo to create/update a customer
  • send the order data to odoo to create an invoice for the order/customer
  • add a state like pending or paid to the order in odoo based on the data from woocommerce
  • send the invoice to the customer via email from within odoo
1 Like

Any news on the odoo node development? Or is there not enough interest?

There seems to be strong interest from the community. Sadly, we are a small team with a lot of tasks. In the meantime, you can use the HTTP request. However, considering the number of votes, going to try to bump this up internally.

1 Like

I’m working on an Odoo integration here: GitHub - themreza/n8n at odoo-integration

1 Like