Problem in Production URL Toggle

Team sorry to trouble back to back as i have been setting this up i have lots of question…

So i have my workflow and i have tested it well when i toggle it to production url and start sending the jobs to that url getting 404

Below the error message is there any solution for this

Seems like you forgot to post the error message.

{
    "code": 404,
    "message": "The requested webhook \"POST n8n\" is not registered.",
    "hint": "The workflow must be active for a production URL to run successfully. You can activate the workflow using the toggle in the top-right of the editor. Note that unlike test URL calls, production URL calls aren't shown on the canvas (only in the executions list)",
    "stack": "ResponseError: The requested webhook \"POST n8n\" is not registered.\n    at ActiveWorkflowRunner.executeWebhook (/usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/ActiveWorkflowRunner.js:94:23)\n    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)\n    at async /usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/WebhookServer.js:62:24"
}

Its active and in prod
@jan

Getting resolved by deleting the workflow and recreate a new one @jan

Good to hear that you found a solution. Still strange that this was necessary.

@jan i too feel the same, but am not sure why it behave like this, any how it was an quick workaround

@jan am facing the issue on post call in webhook below the output from postman… Did i miss anything on configuration?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<pre>Cannot POST /webhook/n8n</pre>
</body>
</html>

Also am facing the issue only on Production URL not in Stage

Hm, this doesn’t look like an error returned by n8n (which would be the "The requested webhook "GET foo" is not registered" error you have seen earlier).

So this could be a problem in a reverse proxy you might have set up in front of n8n. Is it correctly redirecting traffic send to your webhook endpoint to n8n? Are there any helpful log entries?

{"code":404,"message":"The requested webhook \"POST fsfr\" is not registered.","hint":"The workflow must be active for a production URL to run successfully. You can activate the workflow using the toggle in the top-right of the editor. Note that unlike test URL calls, production URL calls aren't shown on the canvas (only in the executions list)","stack":"ResponseError: The requested webhook \"POST fsfr\" is not registered.\n at ActiveWorkflowRunner.executeWebhook (/usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/ActiveWorkflowRunner.js:94:23)\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)\n at async /usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/WebhookServer.js:62:24"}

This is what am getting let me configure log for this between can yo please suggest any workaround

So that looks like a different error message than before (this come coming from n8n) and would simply suggest the following:

1. The workflow isn’t active (when using the Production URL)
  2. The workflow has not been manually executed and is not currently waiting for a webhook (when using the Test URL)
  3. The path and/or the method configured in your webhook node could be wrong.

For 1: Whether your workflow is active or not can be seen on the toggle in the upper right:

For 2: Simply hit the Execute Workflow button at the bottom of the n8n canvas:

For 3: You can double-check the settings here in the node details view:

1 Like

problem got identified and resolved

1 Like