Reproduction steps:

1. load above workflow
  2. save workflow
  3. make sur it is not activated
  4. click on normal_webhook and execute it
  5. copy test webhook url in another browser window: data gets received
  6. exit this node, click on Webhook/with/slash node and execute
  7. copy test webhook url in browser: it doesn’t work

I will also create a link to this discussion on GitHub and will exclusively report bugs to GitHub in the future.

workaround: do not use slash character in node names

Have a great day !

Yes, did not expect it to work. Is there some important reason why that would be needed? Because I would then simply add to the decription that it is not supported.

I think there are no usecase where it could be absolutely needed although it would’ve been nice to be able to use the “/” character.

Disabling slash character in node names is an acceptable temporary fix. Only changing description is not in my opinion because users will not usually read it.

Not sure what is acceptable and what not. But after all, does each day just have 24h and just so many I can work off it. So I have to be very careful with my time and what I do with it. This issue is nothing I think is that important right now. Agree that one year down the line it would probably be worth investing time to fix it the way you say. Right now there is however no way yet to validate a parameter inputs like that and the “proper fix” would so take more time. For that reason do I think it can wait. Pull requests are however always welcome.

I will take care of that.

Could you please confirm that a pull request preventing users from entering a “/” character in UI’s node name field would be merged ?

Cool, thanks. Great to hear!
Sorry, I can not make such a promise before having seen the code. I prefer for example not having that “feature” than having some temporary fix for one node in generic UI-Code. For example, checking in the UI-Code if it is of a specific Node-Type and then doing something different.

1 Like

Got fixed in the newly released [email protected] and should now work fine.