Webhook is not working since last 2 days

Hi Guys,

Is anyone facing issues with respect to Webhook? I am getting an error when I am using webhook end point in other application. It gives 404 error.

Can someone please help?

Hi @pratik, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble here. The 404 error seems to be coming from an nginx webserver rather than n8n. Could there be a problem with your reverse proxy server? How are you running n8n?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I am running it on my Windows laptop. I am sorry I am not a technical guy. I am not sure what reverse proxy server is.

So from the sounds of it there is a problem between the service you are sending the webhook from and your n8n instance. Seeing you are using a Windows laptop, are you also using the n8n desktop app?

If so, could you confirm if your n8n webhook URL still matches what you have configured in your service sending the webhook? The desktop app uses a special tunnel to allow incoming webhooks (which would otherwise not be possible on most desktop computers) and the tunnel URL might have changed.

It’s also worth double-checking that your n8n desktop app hasn’t set up a broken URL, see this post for details: Connect n8n to webhook on desktop app - #2 by MutedJam

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam Thank you for responding.

I actually tried closing the n8n app and restarted it. It started working again.

Thank you for taking your time to look into this.

1 Like

Glad to hear that, thank you so much for confirming!