What am I doing wrong with google docs? can't create document

I think I have followed everything correctly as in the Google Docs n8n node documentation, but I am still getting errors with the Google Docs node. What is the issue?

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: 1.107.3
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): cloud
  • Operating system:

I just created file, it worked fine.
make sure your project on google console have drive access and if app is in production make sure to add test user.

I have enabled drive permissions (see attached screenshot) and I have added a test user (see following attached screenshot). i’m sure this is not an n8n problem, but i’m honestly out of ideas on how to fix this. what else can i be missing?

Apparently adding a Get operation beforehand could be helpful as it refreshes your documents. Which makes me wonder if other operations work or if they also output the same error.

  • Try enabling Google Drive API, in some cases it may work.
  • Is your token freshly generated? You may be getting this error because the token is expired.

My suggestion: Use an HTTP Request node instead. Some errors are in the node itself rather than the authorization.

  • Method: POST

  • Authentication: Predefined Credential Type → select Google Docs (or your Google OAuth credential) Or setup a new Generic Credential Type to test authorization issues.

  • URL: https://docs.googleapis.com/v1/documents

  • Send Body: JSON

  • Body (minimal example creates an untitled document; or you can set title manually):

{

"title": "HTTP Request Document"

}

This request must return ‘title’, ‘body’ and ‘body.content’ which is longer than the holocaust victim list.