[172.0] Nodes position not saved

Describe the issue/error/question

I’m moving nodes around, trying to make my flow look linear but every time I load it it’s messy again. I think that node position is not updated. I’ve tried making some change to node (add/delete) and save flow but after reload nodes are in ‘random’ positions. It’s not random, because it’s the same every time, but not what I saved.

Please share the workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:0.172.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:npm

Hello, are you by any chance using tablet or touch screen? Because that’s a known issue for those platforms. I did a quick test on latest Chrome, Firefox and Safari and I cannot reproduce. Which browser and what version of that are you using so I can try to reproduce? Did you not experience this in previous versions?

I’m using laptop with a touch screen, but I don’t use it to set up a workflow. Instead I use mouse.
I think that there was no issue on previous version (170).

Brave: 1.37.113 Chromium: 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Edge: 100.0.1185.36 (64-bit)
Firefox: 99.0.1 (64-bit)

Tested on laptop without touch screen. Works correctly.
Brave 1.37.113 Chromium: 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Touchscreen related then. Related Github issue is here Nodes all mixed up under iPadOS within Editor UI · Issue #1989 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

1 Like

Can confirm same issue with [email protected] and Lenovo laptop with touchscreen.

1 Like

Same issue on HP laptop with touch screen. [email protected]
Impossible to work with.

Just to add, I use an external monitor and mouse. But my laptop has touch screen.

Found a work-around untill the issue is fixed.
Disable touchscreen Microsoft - Disable touch screen, reboot and done.

1 Like

Hey @Rugia,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

It looks like it could be a known issue with touch devices, That fix is handy to know about.

Fix got released with [email protected]

1 Like

I confirm, that I’m no longer seeing this issue. Great work! :smiley:

I tried building some workflows the other day on my brand new and up-to-date iPad Air, and I’m running into exactly the same issue. Both in Safari and Chrome.

Hey @dickhoning,

I noticed the reply on the GitHub issue :raised_hands:

Unrelated to this issue… What is the Air like I am thinking about getting one to replace. my old mini.

@Jon I love it! Together with the magic keyboard it’s basically a tiny laptop with touchscreen. I used it on a long (10 hour) flight the other day, did some work, watched a movie, and still got plenty of battery left😎

1 Like

Deal! I will order one now. Thanks buddy

It seems like there might be an issue with node positions not being saved properly in the latest version of LokLok for Android. Despite your efforts to arrange them in a linear flow, they keep reverting to a messy layout whenever you reload the app. This inconsistency can disrupt your workflow and make it difficult to organize your thoughts effectively. It’s important for the app to accurately retain the changes users make to their flow diagrams for a smoother experience. Hopefully, the developers can address this issue in an upcoming update to improve the usability of the app.