A text replace node

I have been looking forward to it as well :smile:

1 Like

Is it a community node, I get an error trying to install it.

1 Like

Hey @Kool_Baudrillard,

It is but it isn’t quite ready yet, @lublak published a little bit early but I suspect it will be done soon.

1 Like

:smiley: Ok, ok, i ain´t a curious impatient person :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry about that ^^". Currently i have some issues with github actions.
I hope to get it fixed tomorrow.

Edit: It was an issue with npm pack/publish I used an old nodejs version. The newer nodejs version should work fine. Hopefully (not tested yet)

1 Like

Done! :slight_smile:

grafik

Now have fun with it!

Some todos:

• better icon (hopefully I’ll get something right, I’m not good at it).
  • better descriptions
  • some code clean up
6 Likes

thanks for this, just having a play around, but struggling to work out what is doing what at the moment without some more information in the documentation. Will keep playing to work it out.
Thanks for this, it can be useful once i know how to work it.

yes, well, that might be another todo point. better documentation. Currently, my focus was on creating a basis for developing my n8n nodes.
In this basis, the documentation option is missing:

But it is also planned in any case. Still a lot to do for me.
If there are problems, please ask. Here in the forum, on discord or on github.

2 Likes

@RedPacketSec I’m sorry about the confusion. I just understand why you had extra difficulty using this node. With the 1.0.4 version I just released, it should be easier to use. It was my mistake again. Here I applied an autofix ([bug] it drops all displayOptions in autofix · Issue #111 · ivov/eslint-plugin-n8n-nodes-base · GitHub) which removed all displayOptions. I didn’t check it afterwards as I personally have never had lint autofix break anything.
I have now placed them all properly again and everything should now be displayed correctly again.
So please use the latest version so you don’t have a catastrophic view. And I’m sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Cool thing! Struggling aswell to understand what does what, but where would be the fun haven directly a documentation available. :smiley:

@Kool_Baudrillard documentation comming soon :smiley:
Otherwise you would have had to wait even longer because it will take a while until I have built the system for it. Therefore, for the time being, you can at least use it without documentation. And actually, a lot of it is already self-explanatory.

1 Like

Let´s say I work in a big corporation, where some PO & PM have the opinion that a documentation is just a proof that the code works and so never deliver one. Mostly you end up then with 3people or more and trying to understand how it works. :smiley:

Thx for your work

1 Like

What I really like is I can quickly convert the case and replace all types of a character with something else.

4 Likes

amazing node @lublak
I knew you were making one, so this saves me a lot of time. Thanks!

No problem! :smiley: Have fun!

Criei uma conta aqui só pra te agradecer. :grinning:
Thanks

1 Like

Amazing @lublak !!! Have used it on my instance with the new way to add custom nodes. Perhaps @Jon know when and if this will be possible on n8n cloud? I mean adding custom nodes?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @pradilla,

No idea on the When but this should be possible in the future, @sirdavidoff may have more information on timescales.

2 Likes

This node should be added to n8n by default, instead of it being a community node. In my opinion, this node is universal and fits perfectly in the data transformation tab in the workflow builder.

I’m curious @MeesJ if you had a chance to use expressions yet with our new autocomplete feature? For me personally, it’s more intuitive to do these sorts of transforms within an expression (in the node where I need this transform to occur, not an intermediary node).

Previously that was a bit harder but with autocomplete we also added various “friendly” functions not available in native JS.

Would be curious if autocomplete changes your answer on needing this node as much (totally OK if it doesn’t!)