Airtable upsert node bug. Can't merge column

Hello everyone.

I am building a tiktok scrapper using airtable as my backend and and http requests in N8N with API to gather the data. I am building it on the N8N hosted server directly through 8N8 web platform and I guess this is the last N8N version

Now I encountered a very weird issue. I have in my workflow 2 airtable upsert node. One that come before the other and one that come after the other. And Between those 2 there is a HTPP request.

The first Airtable upsert node works great and with no issues. But the second which is filled exactly the same way but with different information is not working. It always tells me something close to “We can"t merge info on this columns”. Basically asking for me to change the column Which I chose to base the decision on either update or create a record. This was the yesterday error. Now the error has changed even though I didn’t changed anything in the workflow. Now it says that it doesn’t recognise the data.Id which is the “sound ID” from my api. Defintily an issue from this node

The chosen record is “Sound ID”. If the sound ID exist in my airtable DB then it shall do nothing, otherwise it should create a new record.
So I select this Sound ID as the column to verify records. And it always come back as issue. If I chose another column then there is no bugs or error messages but then nothing is compared and I have dozens of duplicata created.

This issue happened to the previous airtable upsert node in the same workflow. And magically solve itself without me having to do anything. I have doubled and tripled checked everything. I can’t see any mistake but I am still new to this so maybe there is something I can’t see.

I would be so so grateful if an N8N boss/expert/Master/Magician could check this and see where the issue come from and if it is, as I think, a node error that nees to be fixed.

Thanks in advance !!!

This is the last output:
ERROR: Your request is invalid or could not be processed by the service

422 - {“error”:{“type”:“UNKNOWN_FIELD_NAME”,“message”:“Unknown field name: "id"”}} - Unknown field name: “id”

Here is the last part of the workflow

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @JamesWebb

Can you provide an example of the response from the HTTP Request1 node? Is it returns one item every time?

The issue may be if it return more than 1 item at a time. Then the reference $('Airtable1').item.json.id won’t work

Hey,
I first want to thank you so much for the help you bring in here.
In fact it might be the issue. So check this screenshot of the output and tell me what you think ?
Honestly I am lost. Maybe I should use some batching
Thanks in advance
Capture d’écran 2024-03-29 à 17.43.16|690x450

1 Like

Yes, that’s the issue.

Try this one