Can't authorize Google Calendar node

Hey I would like to connect a Google account, so I can test Google Calendar via n8n, but I can’t seem to set it up.

I set up everything in GCP the way it should be, then try to do it in n8n and once I add my ID and Secret Key, I have to authorize via “Sign in Google” button, which I do, but then I can’t. I get a local username/password window, which confuses me, and I don’t know how to proceed. If I cancel that window I get ‘Authorization Failed’ window… What am I doing wrong?

I am Super Admin in Google Workspace and my n8n skills are basic/nonexistent

The workflow is Start → Google Calendar

{
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {},
“name”: “Start”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.start”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
]
},
{
“parameters”: {
“additionalFields”: {}
},
“name”: “Google Calendar”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.googleCalendar”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
],
“credentials”: {
“googleCalendarOAuth2Api”: {
“id”: “3”,
“name”: “Google Calendar account”
}
}
}
],
“connections”: {}
}

n8n error

I am using the basic version that you could download, for Windows, since I don’t know how to update it once downloaded.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

P.S. I tried to set up the consent screen to be internal (as it should be).Didn’t work. Tried External. Didn’t work. Now I tried to even use my private email and whitelist it. Same error.

Hi @slomil, welcome to the community!

The desktop app adds basic authentication to the tunnel URLs as an additional layer of protection which are the credentials required here. You can view the username and password directly in the desktop app by clicking Auth > Credentials (or pressing Ctrl+Shift+C):

Hello sir!

thank you for your quick reply! I had no idea about it, perhaps I skipped to read some page in the n8n Documentation.

Sadly from what I see I don’t have this option. I am using the version from your website. I tried to figure out how to update it/download the latest version but haven’t succeeded with that, but on the other hand haven’t searched that deep about updating since I thought it won’t be necessary.

Is there a link or a way to do the update? I am using the Desktop version on Windows 10.

Thank you very much @MutedJam !

Hi @slomil, to update n8n desktop you should be able to simply head to Get started with n8n, click Download n8n and install the new version over the old one.

Thank you very much! Worked out flawlessly! And my issue is solved now !

1 Like

Glad to hear, thanks so much for confirming!