Clickup task update custom field

Hi guys, I am playing around with n8n, ClickUp and Gitlab.
My goal is to use a Clickup Trigger to create GitLab issues. So far so good, everything works fine. After issue creation in GitLab I would like to store the GitLab issue iid in a custom field in ClickUp Task.
The problem I have is I have no option to select custom fields on the Clickup task update node. Is there a way of doing this?

Would be really nice if someone could guide me here or give me a hint…
Thanks
Chris

Hey @Chriss,

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

I am turning this into a feature request, since the node currently doesn’t have that option. Don’t forget to upvote it!

In the meantime, I suggest you use the HTTP Request node to make the request and update the custom field.

Hey @harshil1712,

wow thanks for the very fast reply.
And thank you for turning this into a feature request. I will upvote it.

I will try to use the HTTP Request node for my usecase

1 Like

From what I understand from ClickUp and testing it within n8n, all custom fields defined in ClickUp are returned when you query a task not only the custom fields assigned to the task. This will be a complicated UI to create, but you can set JSON to update the custom fields in the UI

Hi,

The ClickUp createTask Node already has a “custom JSON fields” option.
Could you add that to the updateTask node? That’s all I’m after…

Would that be an option?

Cheers,
Rich

Hi,

I’ve just came across this again:

Are you saying @Anthony_Sapountzis that I can update customer fields with the Clickup update node already?
You can add various fields (assignee, status, priority etc) but which one would I use to update custom fields per JSON?

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich, If your Customer Fields are set as Custom Fields on a Task then you should be able to set them. I have tested in workflow the following JSON

[
    {
	"id": "0e54c359-9c73-6433-95ee-52ef96be4442",
	"value":"{{$node["Calendly Trigger"].json["payload"]["invitee"]["email"]}}"
    }
]

Where Id is the ID of the custom field, this was storing the invitee of a Calendly event into a Clickup Task. The Id and Value pair would be present for every custom field you wanted to update on a task.

I did this a while ago and I think i either found the Custom Field ID via Insepct Element in the browser or I did a Get task in n8n and then all the custom fields assigned in your account are returned and you can search through that response to find the correct one.

1 Like

Hi @Anthony_Sapountzis ,

That sounds great but which field do I use to set the JSON in?

Cheers,
Rich

It’s in CustomFields.js

Hi @Anthony_Sapountzis

Sorry this took a while as I wanted to upgrade to the latest version to make sure I haven’t missed anything.
Now I sure you are referring to the “Create Task” Clickup node. This is clear and I’m using that already.
My initial point was that I would like to update the custom fields with the “Update Task” Clickup node as well. I believe that is not supported yet.

Cheers,
Rich

I too need the custom field json on the update node. It should be pretty similar between both?