Coda Integration [GOT CREATED]

An integration for Coda should be added:

Same - would instantly switch from Zapier if this was a thing. May even try to make it myself, though I’m not very experienced with this stuff so would be very inefficient.

Is there a guide on creating your own nodes somewhere?

There is documentation about it which can be found here:

If you have experience with JavaScript or TypeScript you should be good to go.

Got created by @RicardoE105 and released with [email protected]

1 Like

I am new to n8n and am just discovering available nodes. Was thrilled to see that Coda and ClickUp are supported. @RicardoE105, you just made n8n a whole lot more exciting for me! If possible, it would be great if you supported more triggers/actions in Coda, like being able to push buttons.

@ajayjohn glad you liked it. Will check it out the “push button” soon to see what I can do.

1 Like

@RicardoE105 One more request that I just want to leave here for your consideration…
Could you please add a provision to be able to search/filter rows using Coda formulas, when fetching rows in a table?

@ajayjohn just added the push-button operation and added the property query so that you can filter the rows but not sure if that can be used with formulas. The documentation says:

Query is used to filter returned rows, specified as <column_id_or_name>:<value> . If you’d like to use a column name instead of an ID, you must quote it (e.g., "My Column":123 ). Also, note that value is a JSON value; if you’d like to use a string, you must surround it in quotes (e.g., "groceries" ).

There are two more endpoints about formulas but just to retrieve a list of them.

That should be more than sufficient! Thanks again! :smiley:
Can’t wait for this to be released in the next version.

1 Like

@RicardoE105
Could you please clarify how I can pass individual row cell values for Coda, when creating a new row? I was unable to find a parameter for this and setting values as an array and passing it to the node didn’t work either.

@ajayjohn the data must come in the input data you provide for that node and using the key Column you reference the property that contains the data.

I Do not have my laptop right know but can send an example when I have it.

2 Likes

Here an example for what @RicardoE105 described which assumes that assumes that you have two columns in the table named “Name” and “Email”:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses, @RicardoE105 and @jan.
The node works perfectly for me now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jan, @RicardoE105,
I am absolutely loving the way I can automate operations in Coda as a platform! In fact using a combination of webhooks, IFTTT and the Coda node, I was just able to add new rows to my tables via voice commands to my Google Home/Assistant :slight_smile:

If possible, could you please consider the following calls in your roadmap? I know Update/Insert, Delete rows are possible, but many of the other calls in this list are also immensely useful. It would be fantastic to have them work, in order to get a fully featured Coda integration available.

Coda API (v1) Reference Documentation ()
Coda API (v1) Reference Documentation (some operations here are already supported, but not all)

In the mean time, I am also working with Coda support to get webhooks exposed for events like ‘new row created’. Hopefully that should allow us to have a Coda trigger too.

@ajayjohn I just finished all the features you asked for above. As always @jan will let you know when is released.

2 Likes

Already? :open_mouth:
And here I was, requesting that you add this to your roadmap! :laughing:

Thanks a ton, @RicardoE105!

1 Like

@jan Do you know when the next version of n8n will be released? I am eagerly waiting to use the horde of new features that Ricardo just added to this node :slight_smile:

Yes, I try to release it today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

Hi all! I got this announcement from Coda that they launched a new API:

Maybe the implemented integration will be deprecated by August 21, 2020.