I would like to contribute an idea regarding ‘Composite nodes’.
The functionalities would comprise of (not limited to):
- Group multiple nodes into a single composite node
- The input of the 1st node of the group will become the input of the composite
- Similarly, the last output(s) of the group will become the output(s) of the composite
- This would be done from the main editor ui
- Shouldn’t require custom nodes or dev work
- To edit a composite node, one could just double-click/click on settings and a mini editor-ui/separate editor section would open up with only the comprising nodes
This will help by:
significantly reducing the time/increasing the convenience required to create the same set of, often used, nodes e.g.
HTTP Request to a particular API -> Response formatting -> Another operation -> Output
Also, these composites should be easily ‘save-able’ within a sort of ‘my library’ via the main editor-ui
For inspiration, i’ve used another no-code tool, Appgyver, a demo of which is shown below:
I believe this can greatly improve a user’s efficiency along with further expanding the extensibility of n8n.
What do you guys think?