Connection Lost on Specific Node Every Time - n8n.cloud

Hey All,

I’m having an issue on n8n.cloud where my Connection is Lost every time I run my workflow on the same node. It was working fine earlier last week but since Friday something seemingly changed.

The workflow works until it gets to a specific HTTP node and then n8n displays the Connection Lost status in the top right-hand corner. After about 10 seconds the connection is reestablished but then the node is unable to complete its operation resulting in the working eventually failing.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I could do to fix it? I’m not exactly sure what additional detail is required to help debug but let me know and I can provide anything required.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ryan

2 Likes

I’m also facing same issue, any solution for this ?

Hi @Paddy_Pohare, I am very sorry to hear you’re having trouble :frowning:

The behaviour you and @ryan_ioa have reported is often an indicator for memory problems. If you check your server logs, you would find errors such as Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory. If you’re also using n8n.cloud, you can raise a support ticket so we can check this via n8n.cloud.

The n8n frontend would show more vague error messages such as Problem running workflow, Connection Lost, or 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

This happens when the workflow execution requires more memory than available to an n8n instance. Factors increasing the memory usage for a workflow execution include:

• Amount of JSON data
  • Size of binary data
  • Number of nodes in a workflow
  • Type of nodes in a workflow (the Function node specifically drives up memory consumption significantly)
  • Whether the workflow is started by a trigger or manually (manual executions increase memory consumption since an additional copy of data is held available for the UI)

If you’re seeing this error on the HTTP Request node, is there a chance you are fetching a particularly large dataset (or run a large number of requests)?