Create The Hive 5 API Version

Hello,

The Hive is a Security Incident Response Platform suported by n8n. Recently they launched version 5 and I was checking if the API endpoints were the same before upgrading (thehive 4 >> thehive5).

Since the Endpoints look diferent I’ll put the upgrade on hold for now.

Hence, this feature request. Thanks a lot.

Rob

One note: TheHive 5 is no longer open source. TheHive (4) node should not be replaced. It should be possible to choose the API version.

1 Like

We do currently support both TheHive3 and TheHive4 with an option to pick the version. Adding TheHive 5 will also allow this unless we make it as a different node. When it comes to self hosted solutions though we try to keep support for older versions where possible so it should be all good.

3 Likes

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to write a line to see if that could give some attention to upgrade the node for Thehive to support version 5. It would be an early Christmas present. :slight_smile:

@Jon Any plans for Thehive 5 support in a near future? :smiley:

Hey @DkYSwe,

Good question, I can’t see anything internally for it at the moment, It looks like there are only 3 requests for this one though which is a bit unexpected.

I will add it to our internal feature tracker to see if it gets picked up.

1 Like

Hey Jon,

Any progress on this one?
:slight_smile:

Hey @DkYSwe,

Our current Hive node already works with The Hive 5 as it still uses the v1 API, I did some testing a couple of months ago with it. Can you give it a go and let me know if you run into any issues?

1 Like

Late reply but thanks Jon. I will dig into more the coming weeks and get back if I see any issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Jon , I 'm trying configuring it but seem likes it couldn’t work. Can’t listen to events in the Hive

Hey @lnn2204,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Can you be more specific? Which events are failing or is it all of them? We are currently working on overhauling the node to provide more support for v5 features so it could be that for the trigger it might be a case of waiting for the update.

Or the webhook_url is not correct and TheHive is not able to talk back to your n8n instance.