Google Drive Workflow Backup

Hello everyone! I use n8n almost daily now, and I love how easy it is to use!

I did however accidentally nuke my first n8n instance when I went to update it because I never made my drive persistent. I lost about a month’s worth of work because of that, and I’ve made sure to backup my instance daily now.

In addition to backing up on AWS, I also thought it would be a good idea to backup my workflows as well, and since the organization, I work at uses Google, I figured I would back them up to Google Drive. However, when I searched the n8n workflows, I could not find one for google drive, but instead found one for nextdrive. By copying the flow of their logic, and changing nextdrive for google drive, I was able to get it to work. I did have to make a few tweaks so I figured I would post it to the workflows to make someone else’s life a bit easier.

You can find the workflow on n8n by clicking here.

7 Likes

Hey @djangelic!

Thank you for sharing this! This is useful :sparkling_heart:

Can you please update the description on the workflow page? This will help others get a better idea of what the workflow does. I usually give a one-line description for each node. This helps someone who is browsing through the workflow understand the workflow better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea, I’ll update it soon!

2 Likes