Need help with incoming webhooks (RSS)

Hello, you can call me Danny. Sorry for the silly questions.
Up until now, I’ve been using IFTTT, integromat, etc and then I found n8n, and it’s amazing.
I’m quite formidable when it comes to most types of development, but I still find myself a little confused initially.

I would like to send this RSS Feed to an incoming webhook URL on Guilded. (Similar to discord). I have the embed styled etc, I just don’t understand how to make the workflow. To be more specific, an image reflecting a discord workflow should be sufficient. Thanks for your time.

This is what said webhook might look like image

The workflow below is quite similar. The difference is that you will use an HTTP node (because we do not have a Guilded integration) to make an HTTP request to the Guilded incoming webhook.

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. How do I edit the body? Like this:

or this:

Just paste the JSON in the body of the HTTP node and reference the data coming from the RSS node using expressions.

1 Like

Thanks so much again. I hate to ask to be spoon fed, as usually I can understand most difficult applications with my experience in a variety of them, but I do not understand where your second block of code goes. Although, as seen below I’m pretty confident I’ve set it up correctly (i.e using references) but I’m not confident that every other setting is correct.

EDIT: I’ve gotten it to work, it’s just being weird with the filter now so I’ve made a new post. Thanks!

1 Like

The second block of code is a example workflow. You need to copy it and paste it in a new workflow. Good that you figured it out.

1 Like