Node executes multiple times due to data from previous nodes

Hi there,

I have been playing with the workflows but haven’t understood why does a node execute more than once if it has reference of data from few of the previously executed nodes.

This is actually creating an issue in my workflow that requires a google sheet to be updated by using data from few of the previously executed nodes. The node executes itself thrice and updates the sheet with same info.

I also saw this behavior in another node where I was executing a command via the execute node using data from previous nodes as values to the parameters in the command.

Any idea what’s going on?

Thank you

@ronykris
One thing that could be going on is, your node is being triggered multiple items, for some reason.
But to be sure, it would help if you can share your workflow here.

Thank you for the quick response. You were right, the workflow was repeatedly getting executed because I attempted to parallelize few ops by fanning out about 4 execute nodes from the start node, where each node executed a command. The 4 fanned in to a set node to build a command with the outputs of the 4 nodes that executed previously. :slight_smile:

I have now serialized it and it works like a charm. Thank you,

By the way, the new question is - is there a way to parallelize operations?

I don’t think that you can have parallelisation within a workflow.
At best, you can look at scaling methods, as provided here:

Would actually love if someone from the team (@jan @maxT @RicardoE105 @sirdavidoff ) can enlighten a bit more regarding this!

@ronykris have you played around with the merge node? I think that might help for this case

Thank you. I will give it a try and revert.