Save the input data in another workflow in case of error of the workflow

I’m still new using n8n, but I want to make sure to save the input data of the workflow in case of error.
I did use the the Error Trigger, but it returns data about the last node, and not the initial input data ( the ones i need) . Can i do that? If yes, how ?
Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi @M_Sabbatini, welcome to the community :tada:

You can configure whether you want to save execution data in your workflow settings which you can reach via the left sidebar:

When you have enabled saving your execution data, you can access it through the execution list:

Hope this helps! Give me a shout if you run into any issues with this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam thank you for your reply

I was wondering if there was a “dynamic” way to have the execution data of the error workflow be sent into another workflow for an easier review process

What I’m trying to achieve, in case of having some wrong data -in JSON format- into the working workflow (workflow1), is:
_ check the current data and get the error which triggers the errorWorkflow
_ the error trigger then sends the wrong execution data into another workflow (workflow2) or into any other communication node
_ the wrong data then can be accessed and analysed faster and then send the corrected data into workflow1 again, this time without error (hopefully hahaha)

I hope i was more clear with my explanation, thanks again for your time