Scope Error using Hubspot Trigger

Hi there :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with the Hubspot Trigger nodes.

I’ve followed all the steps there : HubSpot | Docs
I’ve created an hubspot dev account especialy for that.

When i try to connect my account i’m having an error : " Couldn’t complete the connection

Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the app developer."
image

I’ve changed the scope, checking everything, unchecking etc but did not help.

Maybe someone here will have some idea about this :slight_smile:
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @dubarseo, I’m sorry to hear you’re encountering this behaviour :frowning:

I could reproduce this myself when selecting all scopes. My first (wild) guess would be that Hubspot has changed available scopes since the integration was created. n8n requests a scope which no longer seems to exist based on a quick search:
image

They documentation still mentions contacts though so I’m not 100% sure what’s causing the trouble. I’ll see if I can update the requested scopes on my end to make this work again and will report back.

1 Like

You may be right ! It seems that Hubspot have changed something on their API yesterday : Hubspot CRM Integration - Scope Issue - Nov 21 update | Page 2 | 3CX Forums

1 Like

Just a quick update, this seems to be the cause indeed.

Replacing 'contacts' with 'crm.objects.contacts.read', 'crm.schemas.contacts.read' in the code lets me authenticate again:

I am not sure if these two scopes (or just one of them) are already sufficient, but I’ve blocked some time to take a closer look into this tomorrow. Thanks so much for reporting this bug @dubarseo and sorry for the trouble this causes. From looking at Hubspot’s documentation this error comes as a surprise at least to me :see_no_evil:

1 Like

After testing this some more, I could get the Hubspot Trigger node with all options to work when using oauth, crm.objects.contacts.read, crm.schemas.contacts.read, crm.objects.companies.read, crm.objects.deals.read, crm.schemas.companies.read, crm.schemas.deals.read scopes and I’ve raised a PR for this:

What really bothers me is that contacts still appears in Hubspot’s documentation as an available scope (available to “Any account” and covering contact, companies and deals) but clearly is no longer available.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, i will wait for the fix :slight_smile:

Hi @MutedJam ! Thanks for being all over this :mechanical_arm:

Was it just on your n8n Hubspot Trigger Node Credentials you were able to authenticate using those scopes? Or were you able to also authenticate on n8n Hubspot Oauth2 API Credentials?

I am creating a new app for our Hubspot to use n8n for Hubspot Triggers. I am trying to authenticate n8n credentials for Hubspot Oauth2 API and I am getting the ‘insufficient scopes provided’ error despite matching your scopes.

See below for screenshots. Note: I removed any data on the n8n Hubspot Oauth2 API screenshot given this is a public forum.



image

Have you heard/learned anything more since your last post? If our scopes are matching yours, do you have any idea what could be causing the error?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother.

Welcome to the community @olliecorbs

This is probably because this PR has not been merged. Hence, the Hubspot OAuth2 credentials are still using the old scopes. I’m working on a fix with @MutedJam, so hopefully, it will be available in the next release.

2 Likes

Hey! Do you have any idea when the patch will be available (stable or nightly docker image)?

1 Like

Ok finally got it done. It should be included in the next release. Once it’s merged, you can use the nightly docker image.

3 Likes

You roxx :slight_smile:

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

I managed to solve the scope problem following the guidelines. Now I have the following error:

“This account doesn’t have access to some hubspot features that are required by this app. please contact the app developer”

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Hi @Lellis, I did not unfortunately. Does this happen when using the Hubspot Trigger node or when using the regular Hubspot node? When exactly does the error show up (were you authenticating when running into the error, where you trying to run a specific workflow etc.)?

Nop, it works since the update on my side (the connection) but the trigger still dont work.
So far it should be easier to use the Webhook’s exit in Worklows, if you have such option (me no, its cost something like 400$ per month to have such option…)

I have this problem when trying to create a credential to use the trigger node.


If your Hubspot account does not support the webhooks used by the Trigger node you would need to build your workflow around this limitation.

For example: If you want to run your workflow for new deals, you could use an Interval node to trigger your workflow every 15 minutes, then use the Get Recently Created operation of the Hubspot node to fetch deals created in the last 15 minutes. The interval can, of course, be adjusted if you need your data sooner.

Example Workflow
1 Like

Smart ! I will test tomorrow :slight_smile:

Folks. Just updating. Got it working! Thanks a lot for the help!

I was connecting to the wrong hubspot account when I was going to authenticate. I logged into my developer account instead of my regular account.

3 Likes

I did this to :smiley:

1 Like