Slack Node not working

Describe the issue/error/question

I have a slack node at the end of my workflow that posts a message to the slack channel. When I run the workflow it throws the error attached in the picture (I have created my own creds).
However, the weird part is if I pause the slack node > disconnect it > run the previous workflow > wire the previous workflow to slack node > and run the slack node individually - it does successfully post the message to the slack channel, how do I get around this

What is the error message (if any)?

Problem in node ‘post slack message‘

Please recreate the credential or ask its owner to share it with you.

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

Hi @Nishith,
welcome to the community :tada:

I cannot see the attached error picture you are talking about. We are also missing information, like the n8n version that you are using, that greatly helps us to reproduce you problems.

Would it also be possible to post your workflow here? You can simply copy your selected workflow nodes and paste them here like this:

```
workflow.json
```

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your response. The workflow had some confidential data so I could not post it. However on the bright side I could get to the solution by just copy pasting the entire workflow into a brand new workflow file.

Thanking you again for your prompt response.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.