Append to google sheets into my formula

Hi, I’m running into an issue. Here’s what I want to accomplish: I have a sheet that gives me the price, volume change, etc., for a stock ticker. So, I have a workflow that pulls the data and updates the data daily to my worksheet. The problem is it won’t put the data in the rows that the formula uses to get the ticker. It starts a new row below the actual row I need it to be in, so the formula doesn’t get the info I need because it’s not in the correct row, even though those rows are blank.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @0ne

Can you provide a workflow?

I suppose you are using the Append operation. But in your case, it should be an Update operation

tried update too doesn’t work seem it doesn’t want to add next to occupied rows here is the workflow

Here the workflow thanks

Well. The Update operation is not working because there are no references to the existing data. The Append operation is not working because you have some data in the previous rows, so the API appends the new data.

Possible solutions:

1. Generate the entire row within n8n and insert it on the Sheet.
  2. Get current rows and insert into each one new data, then Update the rows

example for the (2) option

Sorry don’t understand the workflow you created doesn’t fit my use case. their no data in the previous rows my work flow deletes after 12 hours in theory (it does but it deletes the whole sheet not the column specified) what I want is to append to column “B” row “2-100” for example. but I think its a bug that its not appending to the empty cells.

What does it mean? Then how did you get the data for Columns A and C:K if there is no data?

You can’t append them. Because there is already data in the cells. Append insert data only in the next empty row

I’m wondering why you can’t insert a whole row at once.

I have a scraper that gets stock symbol then I want to place those symbols in column B row 2-100 so the formula work right now its starting below were I need it to be I have 99 symbol and they need to go into row 2-100 in column B

I’m a bit confused as in your workflow, you’re matching columns on the ‘trades’ column, which I don’t see in your screenshot. The value in the screenshot that I suspect could be used to make a match is empty - I’d start by looking in to that?

It appends to the correct column in the workflow but only below the the rows with formula next to them. I found a work around a fix for me for some reason it does like adding in between columns with formulas in them so I just have the cells point to the rows below so cell B2-100 = B101-199 then I run a clear rows below 100 after 12 hours and have the re added every morning so for me it s resolved than you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.