Google Calendar node request

The idea is:

The Google Calendar node searches at regular intervals for new events but cannot be manually triggered to do that, I can only fetch a “test event” which doesn’t make it easy to work with my actual event data.

My use case:

I am trying to build an automation that is run when an event is added.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Currently you can only have it run at regular intervals or fetch test event data.

Any resources to support this?

no

Are you willing to work on this?

I wouldn’t know where to start.

Hey @Greg_Hadley,

I am not sure I understand the request, The Google Cal trigger node should start when an event is added. When testing I believe we just grab the first event that Google returns, There is also a normal node that has the ability to get all events that match a filter which could be time based on last modified.

it says that there is a polling time that I can set to every minute, hour, day, etc. It doesn’t seem to be running at the time I create a new event.

Hey @Greg_Hadley,

That would be the polling times in the trigger node, So what we do when the node runs in the background is it will trigger on whatever the poll time is like a schedule node then we use the nodes last run time as a start date for new events to find and the current time as the end time then for anything created or modified between those times we will return.

This is different if you run the node in the UI as we will just call the events endpoint and grab the first thing.

Because we poll for the changes it won’t run instantly as I am not sure if Google provide a webhook option for newly created events so the closest you can get is to run every minute.

Ah okay makes sense then. Thanks.

1 Like