Need help troubleshooting an issue with Notion Node

Describe the issue/error/question

Every time I run a workflow that contains a Notion Node, it stops at said node with an error 400, and when I try to change some settings to see what the problem might be, I can’t, it looks like the UI is not responding, but only to make changes on the filters, toggle switches or drop down menus (these open and load the corresponding data, but when trying to select a different database for example, it won’t change)
The credentials drop down menu for the notion node works as expected, but nothing else, not even the reset value button or the delete options buttons (the ones with the trashcan logo).
A message that reads:

To access content, make sure it’s shared with your integration in Notion
It’s shown, but I made sure the credentials has the corresponding access to the database in use.

What is the error message (if any)?

The Notion node, exists with this error message:
ERROR: 400 - {“object”:“error”,“status”:400,“code”:“validation_error”,“message”:“The property type in the database does not match the property type of the filter provided: database property number does not match filter text”}

Error: Request failed with status code 400
    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)
    at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

The last node on the workflow is not activated since the error occurs on the second node (Notion).

Information on your n8n setup

I run n8n on a Docker container following the official guide, under an Ubuntu Server installation (Ubuntu Focal 20.04.3 LTS)

• n8n version:: 0.159.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: (I dont know what this is refering to:/)
    running docker --debug info shows:
Client:
 Context:    default
 Debug Mode: true
 Plugins:
  app: Docker App (Docker Inc., v0.9.1-beta3)
  buildx: Docker Buildx (Docker Inc., v0.7.1-docker)

Server:
 Containers: 35
  Running: 34
  Paused: 0
  Stopped: 1
 Server Version: 20.10.12
 Storage Driver: overlay2
  Backing Filesystem: extfs
  Supports d_type: true
  Native Overlay Diff: true
  userxattr: false
 Logging Driver: json-file
 Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs
 Cgroup Version: 1
 Plugins:
  Volume: local
  Network: bridge host ipvlan macvlan null overlay
  Log: awslogs fluentd gcplogs gelf journald json-file local logentries splunk syslog
 Swarm: active
  NodeID: 5o48sx0mzf30c0o6o5pmxtjim
  Is Manager: true
  ClusterID: p8t5pwsfe6vn5zuq29v73rnri
  Managers: 1
  Nodes: 1
  Default Address Pool: 10.0.0.0/8  
  SubnetSize: 24
  Data Path Port: 4789
  Orchestration:
   Task History Retention Limit: 5
  Raft:
   Snapshot Interval: 10000
   Number of Old Snapshots to Retain: 0
   Heartbeat Tick: 1
   Election Tick: 10
  Dispatcher:
   Heartbeat Period: 5 seconds
  CA Configuration:
   Expiry Duration: 3 months
   Force Rotate: 0
  Autolock Managers: false
  Root Rotation In Progress: false
  Node Address: 192.168.100.200
  Manager Addresses:
   192.168.100.200:2377
 Runtimes: io.containerd.runtime.v1.linux runc io.containerd.runc.v2
 Default Runtime: runc
 Init Binary: docker-init
 containerd version: 7b11cfaabd73bb80907dd23182b9347b4245eb5d
 runc version: v1.0.2-0-g52b36a2
 init version: de40ad0
 Security Options:
  apparmor
  seccomp
   Profile: default
 Kernel Version: 5.4.0-94-generic
 Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
 OSType: linux
 Architecture: x86_64
 CPUs: 3
 Total Memory: 15.27GiB
 Name: ubuntuserver
 ID: UWII:F2ED:WUQW:XC65:VYRG:44BX:J3QX:L4Z5:DGOL:GRJV:K7GV:C6QG
 Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
 Debug Mode: false
 Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
 Labels:
 Experimental: false
 Insecure Registries:
  127.0.0.0/8
 Live Restore Enabled: false

WARNING: No swap limit support

Any insight on what this error means or how to solve it would mean a lot,
Thanks everyone

Just to make sure, this is a new workflow you are working on, right? It’s not that it was working, and you updated and stopped working?

I’m asking this because you have Notion V1 in the workflow, and the Notion V2 should be used as the default version for the n8n version you are using.

Thanks for the rapid response, actually, this is an old workflow I made a few moths ago, so now it makes sense that doesn’t work with the update. So I updated the node to V2 now, but it keeps failing.

ERROR: 400 - {"object":"error","status":400,"code":"validation_error","message":"The property type in the database does not match the property type of the filter provided: database property number does not match filter text"}

at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)

It seems to be an issue with number columns, since I tried all data fields containing some number, but non-worked, they showed different errors thought, so I’m not sure at all.
For now, I found a workaround to get the items I wanted from the database, but I think it’s odd.
The conditions I tried to return the elements I needed, where if a given field (number) is empty or not, if it is, I populate it with some number. Also tried with and without the simplify output option, but the same error.
The updated workflow is the following:

Thanks again.

The first node works just fine for me.

I even downgraded to a version before the Notion v2 release, created a Notion node with the same filter you used, activated the workflow, and finally updated to n8n latest version and no issues whatsoever.

In the second node what I noticed it’s that you are not using the ID of the page to update it. Instead, you are using an ID column, which will cause an issue when updating (unless the ID column has the same value as the Page ID). This happens because the first node has a Simple set to true, and when that is the case, only the columns are returned and not the page’s metadata (includes the Page ID, which is the value needed to update a Database Page).

Every time I run a workflow that contains a Notion Node, it stops at said node with an error 400, and when I try to change some settings to see what the problem might be, I can’t, it looks like the UI is not responding, but only to make changes on the filters, toggle switches or drop down menus (these open and load the corresponding data, but when trying to select a different database for example, it won’t change)

Have not been able to replicate this issue.

@seba5496 would you mind sharing what the issue was?

The UI not responding was resolved by updating the node to V2, however, the filter in the node still doesn’t work, I believe now that it is an issue with the formatting of the field I’m using on the database, I tried the same filter on a different column, and it works just fine, but whenever I try to evaluate the number on this column, an error occurs.
This is the main error I get with the settings I showed you before.

ERROR: 400 - {"object":"error","status":400,"code":"validation_error","message":"The property type in the database does not match the property type of the filter provided: database property number does not match filter text"}

Just for testing, I made a dumy DB in notion and tried the same filter, to return all entries that have a given column empty. This column is a number without formatting. And I get the exact same error.

This is a screenshot of the DB.

And a screenshot of the config.

Now I think is a bug, might be from my setup, I doubt it though since the docker container updates and gets rebuilt daily.
For now, I’ll stick to the workaround I found (that’s why I marked this post as solved), which was to create a new field with a checkbox that evaluates the condition I wanted, since it simplifies the workflow, at least in my mind.
Thanks again for your time and help.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. That should not happen. Will have a look at it and report back.

1 Like

This was an issue with the node versioning and got fixed in the latest version on n8n. @seba5496