Slack - trigger/reading messages not only posting

Is there any chance we would get a slack trigger? I want to be able to make text commands. It can be even reading messages from private channels or dm’s. I would run a cron on it and get the same effect.

Ah yes, that is already on our To-Do list. For now you can still do it but sadly only manually via a Webhook-Node.

1 Like

A part of our community runs on Slack, and I would like to do a few things for members who frequently help others on Slack, e.g. through a /slash command or an emoji reaction, whatever is possible:

• Create Orbit activities
  • Track most supportive members
  • Say thank you e.g. through automated messages with images from Bannerbear

Welcome to the community @einkoenig!

For a slash command you do actually not need a Trigger node. Trigger nodes register and unregister themselves, for slash commands that would not work. So the best to use would be the Webhook-Node.

Here you can find a tutorial which explains how to create a slack slash command with n8n:

Hope that is helpful!

2 Likes

Is there any update on a Slack trigger? I would like to monitor one or more channels every time a messages posted. I see that it has been discussed a number of times but no timeline yet on a trigger node.