We're improving the Set node and need your suggestions 😊

Hi all :wave:

We’re planning to update the Set node with a goal of making it more intuitive and flexible. We would absolutely love your input on where we should focus. Specifically, it would be great to understand:

• Is there anything particularly confusing or frustrating about the current Set node?
  • Is there anything that is difficult or impossible for you to do with the Set node that comes up a lot?
  • Are there any options or functionality you’ve love to see added to the Set node?

For any requests or feedback you submit on this thread, please try to give some context to the task you’re trying to achieve (example workflows are great!). Already on our horizon is clarifying the UX copy and making nested fields neater/ more digestable.

Thanks everyone :pray:

5 Likes

Hey @maxT,

It would be nice if we would set multiple items, At the moment to do multiple items we need to use a function (unless I have missed something) this is handy when testing community issues and mocking up data sources without calling APIs.

It would be nice to have the documentation updated to mention that you can create arrays with the set node as well it took me a couple of weeks to work out I can do that :smiley:

Other than that I like the Set node.

3 Likes

@jon thanks for this - agreed that trying to create multi-item mock data can be tricky at times.

Would a table view make sense for this usecase? (like a very lightweight airtable). Wondering if that should simply be a whole different node, while set is more so for creating specific schemas (or setting simple values).

@maxT that isn’t a bade idea and it would make it very easy to quickly mock up data or set multiple values, Maybe a “Set Advanced” or something.

1 Like