HackerNews>Airtable integration

Hi I am trying to append the list of Hacker news articles in my Airtable base.
The Hacker news node is generating tables with outputs. But when I am connecting my Airtable base, its not working (adding new blank 100 entries in the base).
I have enabled the “Add all fields” in my Airtable node option. Getting this below error message. I am not sure how to prepare (create columns and name these) the airtable base before start appending. Will highly appreciate your help.

ERROR: Airtable error response [UNKNOWN_FIELD_NAME]: Unknown field name: “created_at”

Error: Airtable error response [UNKNOWN_FIELD_NAME]: Unknown field name: "created_at"
    at Object.apiRequest (C:\Users\Rohan Ahmed\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\n8n\node_modules\n8n-nodes-base\dist\nodes\Airtable\GenericFunctions.js:28:23)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)

Welcome to the community @Rohan_Ahmed!

If you set “Add all fields” you have to make sure that all fields that get sent into the Airtable-Node also exist in the table to which you want to send the data. In this case at least the “created_at” does apparently not exist, maybe also others. So either you really have to make sure all of them exist or you deactivate that setting and only select the ones you really want to add.

You can also find the documentation with some examples here:

Thanks a lot…I have changed the “add all fields” to only a single field and chosen the field expression (selected “author” field only) using the below steps.

Now I went back to my Airtable and added the Author field in the first column. Still, having the 100 blank cells adding in my Airtable but with no error message from last time though.
Thanks in advance @jan

It should not be the value, it should be the names. So you would not set an expression you would just set author.

Awesome its working now…
Quick questions:

1. The Hacker News node field called story url is not collecting the link of the page. For example: A Message to Our Customers | Hacker News is the link of the story title of “A Message to Our Customers”. The story url field is not collecting the data rather its showing null. (Never mind…I have already solved this using encode URL formula in the Airtable)
  2. The Hacker News search are getting filtered by the points (in descending order), how can I filter these by putting a date limit for example getall from Jan 2019 to Jan 2020

Thanks a lot @jan /n8nrocks

1 Like

Great to hear that it is working and that you enjoy n8n!

About question 2. That is currently sadly no possible as that functionality did not get implemented yet. Could you please create a feature-request for it. We can then have a look. Thanks!