Notion trigger not trigerring

Hey folks!

I’ve made this WF:

I expect that when I update/create a new page in a specific database, the WF will run code below yellow note, but it does not ;/ I mean it work for new items but not for updating existed ones.
Do I use triggers correctly?

@update
After all it looks for me like update trigger work only for items created after created trigger, does it make any sense?

1 Like

Hey @Shirobachi,

I think you are correct there the trigger would only work for things that have been added after the trigger was made. If you wanted to process existing data having a workflow to run through any backlog would be the best option.

1 Like

Oh, so my intuition was right, could please let me know more how can I or what you mean by saying run thought any backlog? Sorry, I don’t understand.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @Shirobachi,

It would be a case of making workflow that just gets all the pages from your database and process them so pretty much your nodes under the note but connected directly to the start node.

Nice work with the NoOp node as well, I do the same thing in my workflows when I have multiple triggers so that I can reference that node by name to get the data.

1 Like

Oh, I got it, thanks I thought before that NoOp is pretty useless, but I see I was wrong :smiley:

Thanks for your help

1 Like